Grilled Spiced Apple Jamaican Jerk Chicken
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh gingerroot
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 medium red onion
- habanero or jalapeño peppers
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups R.W. Knudsen Family® Cider & Spice Juice
- 3 pounds chicken pieces (breast halves, thighs, drumsticks)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Step 1
PLACE all ingredients except chicken pieces in blender container. Blend until smooth. Add chicken pieces to two large resealable food storage bags. Divide marinade between bags. Seal and refrigerate overnight.
- Step 2
*Use gloves to stem and seed peppers.
- Step 3
COAT grill grate generously with cooking spray. Heat grill to medium. Remove chicken from marinade, discard marinade. Grill chicken, turning occasionally until internal temperature reaches 165ºF, about 20 to 30 minutes.