Pressure-Cooked Beef and Mushroom Stew
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef cubes for stew
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup R.W. Knudsen Family® Organic Carrot Juice Blend
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms, any variety
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Step 1
COMBINE flour, salt and pepper in large plastic bag. Add beef cubes. Seal bag and shake to coat evenly.
- Step 2
PRESS Saute button to heat multi-use programmable electric pressure cooker. Add oil; heat 2 minutes. Add beef cubes. Cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Step 3
STIR in carrot juice, scraping browned bits from bottom of pot.
- Step 4
ADD mushrooms, onion, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and garlic. Stir until blended.
- Step 5
PLACE lid on pressure cooker; twist and lock according to manufacturer's instructions. Place exhaust valve in the Sealing position. Press Manual button and set to cook at high pressure for 40 minutes. When cooking is complete, turn off pot and use quick release method to release pressure. Remove lid according to manufacturer's instructions. Serve over noodles, rice or mashed potatoes, if desired.