Arugula and Fig Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette
- 1 cup R.W. Knudsen Family® Just Pomegranate® Juice
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Santa Cruz Organic® Pure Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 fresh or dried figs
- 1 arugula or spring greens
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) chevre goat cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)*
- Step 1
PLACE pomegranate juice in small saucepan and reduce to 1/4 cup over medium high heat, about 5-8 minutes. Cool. Combine juice and remaining dressing ingredients in small glass jar and shake vigorously to combine.
- Step 2
* To toast pumpkin seeds, place seeds in large nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, shaking pan frequently, or until nuts are lightly browned. Remove from skillet immediately to prevent overbrowning.
- Step 3
ARRANGE 5 quarters of the figs in circle on 4 salad plates. Toss greens in large bowl with 1/4 cup vinaigrette. Divide salad evenly between each plate. Crumble goat cheese on top of the salad and garnish with toasted pepitas. Pass additional vinaigrette if desired.