Tortilla Soup with Chicken
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons ancho or regular chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 black beans
- 1 diced tomatoes
- 1 whole kernel sweet corn
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 3 fajita or soft taco size flour or corn tortillas
- 2 bottles R.W. Knudsen Family® Very Veggie Spicy! Vegetable Juice Blend
- 1 chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- Shredded pepper Jack cheese
- sour cream
- No stick cooking spray
- 3 fajita or soft taco size flour or corn tortillas, cut into thin wedges
- Step 1
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions, chili powder and garlic. Cook until onions are golden brown. Add chicken to cooked onions. Stir and cover 5 minutes.
- Step 2
ADD beans, tomatoes, corn, green chilies, torn tortillas, juice blend and chicken broth to pan. Stir and simmer covered 30 minutes.
- Step 3
ADD 1 cup cilantro and stir. Generously spray both sides of the tortilla wedges with cooking spray. Cook tortilla wedges in a skillet over medium heat until golden brown on both sides; set aside. Serve soup garnished with cheese, sour cream, avocado, tortilla wedges and chopped cilantro.